Thursday, November 24, 2016

24 November - Foodie’s Day

24 November 2016 – 196 220
Foodie’s Day


Today we headed out to explore the foodie areas with the Turnbulls.  Stop 1 was Margaret River Nuts & Cereals – we got to watch the assembly and packing of the muesli and taste various flavoured nuts and some relishes.  I treated myself to some Tomato Relish (I really miss being able to make this regularly) and Hayden and I tried Biltong for the first time (a definite hit!).  
Stop 2 was The Margaret River Chocolate Company – I had high expectations and was not disappointed in the least, needless to say I bought a stash of dark chocolate.  As the dark chocolate here was true dark chocolate and dairy free, even Hayden got to have some.  
Stop 3 was Candy Cow – we were able to watch the gentleman chocolate coat assorted sweets, as well as taste some fudge (I chose Berry and Jaffa to try) and some honeycrunch. 
Stop 4 was Margaret River Silk Road – Australia’s first commercial silk farm, we got to try mulberry green tea and learn all about the silk worms, as well as the silk production.  



We then drove into Cowaramup for a picnic lunch, Drew and I also purchased a book each at a second hand store.  Stop 5 was The Margaret River Dairy Company – we tried Camembert (not to my taste) and their Smoked Cheddar (very much to my taste).  
Stop 6 was The Providore Margaret River – they had the most beautiful vegetable gardens and I realised just how much I miss picking my fresh produce for dinner and eating food that was picked within minutes to hours of harvest.  
We then headed into Margaret River for a little look around, replacing yet another set of thongs and looking at more secondhand books.  What a day!



No comments:

Post a Comment