Wednesday, September 23, 2026

Toilet Paper

 Ladies - and this problem is primarily a lady's issue - please do not leave toilet paper behind after you pee!  Walking on the hiking trails in South West Western Australia I have been able to tell the more popular trails, particularly with day hikers, by the sheer quantities of toilet paper.  The vast majority of this appears to have been left behind after a pee.  Men naturally have a huge convenience advantage over ladies when needing to pee while hiking, but we don't need to leave any more evidence than the men.

Please do any one of the following, whatever sits most comfortably with you:

1. Put your used paper in a sealable clippy bag and take it with you.

2. Purchase and use a reusable special purpose cloth that clips onto your backpack eg Kula Cloth or less expensive versions of the same concept.  Kula Cloth  Low Cost Pee Cloth  Personally I have two Kula cloths, one in the back of the 4WD for roadside stops where there is no paper, and one on my hiking pack.  I do not have any sponsorship or commercial interest, I just think it is a great concept.

3. Carry a small moist face washer in a clippy bag to use.

4. Drip dry like a bloke.

Just PLEASE don't leave a trace.

No comments:

Post a Comment