Monday, September 21, 2026

Lake Seppings (Tjuirtgellong)

 Monday 21 September – 182022

This morning I tackled the freezing water of Middleton Beach again, this time in a spring suit rather than togs. I also discovered there were warm showers in the surf club bathrooms. I took a thermos of hot water to drink straight after my swim. Between these things I managed to be able to get warm enough to drive myself home. In the meantime, Drew went for a long run, which I would very much have preferred to be able to do.

Today’s adventure was to explore Lake Seppings (Tjuirtgellong). This is a freshwater lake just behind Middleton Beach with an amazing quantity of water birds – thousands of them! It also is the home of Long-necked Tortoises – I didn’t get to see any of those, and King Skinks – saw lots of those. The water looks beautifully clean, probably because the reeds have been allowed to remain in place all the way around. I saw a variety of reptiles and insects, as well as some new to me flowers.  Lake Seppings/Tjuirtgellong

























This evening we had an early dinner from an African takeaway – Fried Rice with Chicken Legs, Ghana Meat Pie and a Coconut Donut. Really enjoyed it! Moda Africa

No comments:

Post a Comment