Monday 7
September
https://www.bibbulmuntrack.org.au/
Dwellingup Section of Bibbulmun Track
Overnight Drew could hear the
conveyor belt, I didn’t notice it until he mentioned it at breakfast, but it
was easily heard. This morning’s walk was much nicer than yesterday’s; more
open forest and less slippery. There were some definite slippery patches but
not the unrelenting slipperiness of yesterday. Sprinklings of various
wildflowers this morning, with plenty of donkey orchids. The suspension bridge
over the Murray River was an impressive structure and more stable than most
suspension bridges I have walked on.
 |
| Bily Djena Bidi |
 |
| Murray River |
 |
| 82m long. Drew is at the other end if you look closely! |
 |
| Beautiful wood |
 |
| Cowslip Orchids |
 |
| Cool Fungi |
 |
| It must have been a long time since the last fire - I don't think I have ever seen a grass tree with a skirt to the ground before. |
The sound of the conveyor belt became
progressively louder as we walked toward it. Today I saw clusters of Cowslip Orchids. We crossed a road bridge over
the top of the Worsley Alumina Bauxite Conveyor Belt at the 14km mark. The
conveyor is over 50km long. We could not see anything on the conveyor belt. Not
long after we passed the conveyor belt it was stopped for about half to three
quarters of an hour, before restarting briefly and then stopping again.
Worsley Alumina Conveyor Belt
Today I
saw several new, to me, wildflowers. There were a few muddy, boggy patches just
before climbing to the campsite.
We arrived at Possum Springs
around 1:30pm. This campsite is the first of the rammed earth style shelters we
have stayed in. Four other people arrived who are doing a short section, two
stayed in the shelter with us and two opted to tent. We did our gym programs
and had a stretch, and a wash. I explored the campsite and took some photos.
No comments:
Post a Comment