Sunday 13 September
https://www.bibbulmuntrack.org.au/
Collie Section of Bibbulmun Track
Mungalup Dam
We were up at 5:15am and made
the decision that we will need to return to Collie and seek professional advice
regarding my calf as the improvement was minimal. Attempting to complete the
Bibbulmun Track as things are would not be possible. We redistributed the pack weights so that
Drew now has a very heavy pack. We walked approximately 9km on the Bibbulmun
Track toward Collie and then walked along Mungalup Road to Collie as this was
easier on my body.
We went to the Collie Visitor Centre and the amazing staff
there have booked a bus from Collie to Bunbury, and Bunbury to Albany for
tomorrow. We have booked in at the Black Diamond Lodge overnight and arrived
about 1pm. After showers Drew went shopping while I researched physiotherapists
in Albany.
Collie Visitors Centre https://blackdiamondlodge.com.au/
Sadly, this round on the Bibbulmun Track requires at least a break, we will find out for how long once I have seen a physiotherapist. We have officially completed 353.7km of the Bibbulmun Track, with 645.7km remaining, plus or minus any diversions. There is some of the track we will need to repeat, as there is not road access to the furthest point we reached, but I sincerely hope we will have the opportunity to return. Disappointed does not begin to describe how I am feeling.
No comments:
Post a Comment