Friday, July 1, 2016

Week 2 from Hayden

Week 2 from Hayden (10 yo boy)

25/06/16
We went to a lookout and looked at the mine, it is big! Me and Dad played bowling with rocks.  We went to the Underground Hospital.  One of the tunnels had collapsed!  Then we went and looked at the tent house where the nurses slept.  They had an impressive spoon collection around 100! We went and saw the megafauna at the Riversleigh Fossil Centre!  They were big, we saw the bones of a giant meat-eating kangaroo!

26/06/16
I got up at 7:00 today.  My first school day was today, I finished at 2:00.  Then we went to the Family Fun Park, Mum made two obstacles courses up.  It took 3 attempts on the first one and 8 on the second one, they were hard.  After dinner we played Uno.  Mum won the first and the fourth, Dad won the fifth round and I won the second and third.

27/06/16
I got up at 7:00 today.  My second school day.  I finished around 2:00.

28/06/16
We drove from Mt Isa to the Pebbles, it was straight and boring with nothing to see or do.

29/06/16
We drove from the Pebbles to Devils Marbles (they were big!)  Then we drove to the Tropic of Capricorn 30km from Alice Springs.

30/06/16
I woke up at 7:00 and drove to Alice Springs.  We went to the Aviation Museum, I got to play on a flight simulator.

01/07/16
I woke up at 7:00 again.  We went to the Alice Springs Desert Park.  There were two dingoes, Marlo and Digger; three emus, a male, a juvenile and a yearling; five kangaroos, one female, one dominant male, one yearling and two males; a whistling kite, black breasted kite, a wedge tailed eagle, a magpie (not an evil one), a barn owl (cute) and a heron at the amphitheatre/bird show.  At the night house we saw bilbys, snakes, thorny devils, lizards, spiders, rats, a striped bandicoot and a burrowing bettong.  When it got dark people let off fireworks because it was N.T. day.  My favourite was one that spiralled up, exploded in multi-colours and then glittered crazily.

No comments:

Post a Comment