Sunday, July 17, 2016

17/07/2016. Swimming in the big hole.

Still freezing at dawn! We packed up the van and drove to the Ochre Pits. The approximately 100m of rainbow coloured cliffs were indeed a sight to see. I can see that the aboriginals would have loved the dust and how it became a very tradable commodity. We then did the Aranda walk, however apart from the stats, the walk was unremarkable for the region. 8km, 3h20min, 600m accent. We then drove to Ellery Creek Big Hole, and setup the van. We needed to have a good clean so we had a “swim”. When I say swim I mean that we did get in, and fully submerge our bodies, and rub ourselves down in all the important bits, however the stay was brief as the water was freezing. I had my head under the water approximately 5 seconds and I ended up with a brain freeze headache. The camp ground is all but empty tonight as all the locals have gone home at the end of the weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment