Wednesday, July 13, 2016

12/7/2016. Today I believe I made hula girl spew.

Up at sunrise and decided to stay another night here. I made a phone call and have the van booked in at the auto electrician on Thursday in Alice Springs. Tracy and I think we have also formulated a way to greatly limit the dust issue in the van. We then drove out to Finke Gorge and Palm Valley, which are both are on the same dirt road, Finke about 2/3 of the way along the track. This road was sign posted as 4WD only with high clearance. I didn’t use 4WD, however the approximately 16 kms were done in around 1.5 hours, so slow driving. The road had it all, corrugations, holes, rocks water crossings and many different dirt surfaces. To keep Hayden interested for the walks I taught him a little bit of tracking, and we ended up finding the people we were following, however Hayden out did himself and he found a snake, lizard and a small marsupial track also. We completed the Finke Gorge walk before lunch. WOW, what a great walk, with the view at the top of the merge of 2 gorges being the mega highlight. Hayden and I agreed this was the best walk and view we have had thus far on the trip. We then drove to Palm Valley, well to within 1km. We choose to walk the last 1km, as the road was quite bad, and walking was only slightly slower than driving, and we still have more than 6 months left of the holiday and I need my car. The walk was nice but not as good as Finke. We then drove back to camp. Today I believe I made hula girl spew.

No comments:

Post a Comment