Wednesday, July 6, 2016

06/07/2016. Uluru running team.


Finally, a small sleep in! Well we tried but we were up by 7am, even though it is still dark here. We had a freshly cooked breakfast and were able to have a shower and clean the van out completely. We drove out to Uluru around 11am, and as a family we ran around the 10km loop of Uluru. I even ran although I am still recovering from my ankle injury, but I was not going to miss the run, as I may not have the opportunity to do it ever again. Hayden had a small issue at the start as the wind ripped through near the rock and made his eyes water so badly, he had to stop. Hayden and Tracy did the run well, however I had a little trouble with breathing at the end when we were in the shadow of Uluru, as it was so cold! We got some strange looks by some of the walkers, but I am glad we did the run. We then went to the culture centre and watched a movie on the handover of Uluru back to the locals and we watched a 45 minutes talk by a ranger on local animals. We came back to the van to find our Astro tour cancelled due to… cloud cover. Seems to be the story of our stay.

No comments:

Post a Comment