Wednesday, March 30, 2022

Rainbow Beach to Tewantin via Double Island Point - Day 2 of 4 (Drew)

 https://parks.des.qld.gov.au/parks/great-walks-cooloola

Day 2

I had planned a solid day walk, so I had an easy start to the day including a coffee and set off just before 07:00. At the first campsite I talked to 2 young guys walking North and had a 10 min chat. They had told me that they had only seen one party of three walking South and no other person. This encounter would be the last I saw anyone until I met Tracy on the last night at the last campsite. From Freshwater all the way to the last campsite there were a lot of trees down across the path. I say these added about an hour to each leg. I had a good walk once again over this ground and arrived in camp around 14:45. After a walk around to find no one and a quick feed and water top up, I decide to push on to the next campsite. I knew it would be dark by the time I made it, but I had a good headlamp, and in an emergency, I could camp en route. After walking the last 1.5 km in ankle deep water, I made camp at around 19:45. I quick setup and a big feed left me tired but happy and I had a good sleep.
















No comments:

Post a Comment