Tuesday, March 29, 2022

Rainbow Beach to Tewantin via Double Island Point - Day 1 of 4 (Drew)


https://parks.des.qld.gov.au/parks/great-walks-cooloola

 Tracy was meant to join with me on this 5-day hike, however she had feet issues, so she walked out and meet me on the last night, and we walked the last day together. I also shortened this to a 4-day hike. (Not recommended)

Day 1

I had only one day off to recover from our 3 day walk from Noosa to Calandra and to travel to Rainbow Beach. I arrived at Rainbow Beach at 19:00 where I set up the tent and went straight to bed. I rose at around 05:30 and was packed and walking just after 06:30. After only a few meters I found I was walking with Kendal. She stopped me and we had about a 15 minute conversation on what I was doing, trail running, and her business in wholefoods and many other topics. It was a most enjoyable 15 mins. This conversation ended up being the lengthiest in 3 days. Kendal caught up with me on the sand blow with her family and shared a photo of me.

This time I decided to cover the longer route to Noosa, so I walked over Double Island Point and down the beach to Freshwater campsite and spend the night there. This allowed me to have a nice shower. The walk was very present, with the spectacular Double Island Beach and lighthouse hill views.






















No comments:

Post a Comment