Friday, June 24, 2016

Week 1 from Hayden

Hayden (10 year old boy)

17/06/16
Mum and Dad picked me up from school.  We took some selfies before we left.  We then drove to Tiaro and stayed in the free campsite, it was almost full.  We set up in the dark.

18/06/16
We set down in the dark and left at 5:30 for Maryborough to do parkrun.  I came 26th and Dad came 27th.  We then left.  When we were driving we played a game called the trivia game.  The council had put questions on signs and we guessed the answer, another sign would tell us the answer.  We stopped at a small rest stop on the highway to have morning tea then we drove to a small service station 50km south of Rockhampton to top up fuel and have lunch.  We then drove to Blackwater in the hope of a shower, no luck. After that we drove to Emerald and are staying the night at Emerald Cabin and Caravan Park.

19/06/16
I woke up at 7:00 to have a snuggle in bed with Mum and Dad.  Mum's birthday.  It rained and rained today, it stopped at 11:00 and the showers stopped at 1:00.  I finished my English for a Purpose book.  We also went to Emerald Baptist Church.  It is a small community at the church, we sang some songs and had communion.  When we got back we had lunch.  Me and some boys fed rainbow lorikeets.  We took turns in shooing the other birds away.  Feed them 2 1/2 pieces of bread.

20/06/16
We packed up early in the morning and left and drove to Winton via Longreach.  I saw my first red road.  We arrived at 5:30 and set up.

21/06/16
We went and saw the Dinosaur Stampede.  I think I discovered an Iguanidon footprint amongst it.  I bought a badge and a stamp.  We also saw a Musical Fence and I played it really well.

22/06/16
We drove from Winton to Richmond via Hughenden

23/06/16
I slept in to 7:30 today.  We went to Kronosaurus Korner.  We watched a video about sea dinosaurs.  They gave us an audio thing that you pressed the number of the display and it told you about the display.  There was an almost complete Kronosaurus fossil.  Then we went to a fossicking site to try and find fossils.  We then drove from Richmond to a free campsite 61km from Mt Isa.

24/06/16
Today we drove to Mt Isa and set up absolutely everything.  We went and did the Hard Times Mines Tour, we went 20m underground in the special gear.  I learnt rock bolts are 20kg and can hold up 15 tonne of rock.  We got to use a rock hammer! We saw the hall where the miners ate and we had lunch there, I ate six sandwiches and a pastie.  We came up to the surface in a Toyota.

No comments:

Post a Comment