Friday, April 1, 2022

Brahminy Walkers Camp to Tewantin (Day 2 of 2, Tracy)

https://parks.des.qld.gov.au/parks/great-walks-cooloola

 It was a windy night that didn't provide great sleep.  This time I had a hiking pillow, and it was definitely worth its weight to carry.  After a leisurely start to the day, Drew and I headed south back toward Tewantin, detouring via Mount Seawah.








Continuing south it was not possible to walk on the beach due to very high tide, so we continued on the path I had taken yesterday through the dunes.  






On returning to the beach just south of the cutting, we saw a large group of young women heading in to camp for the night.  We stopped for lunch and a swim, before continuing south along the waterfront, back to the township.  We then turned inland and followed the road back to the ferry.  A great two days for me and four days for Drew.  Definitely would like to return and do the full walk myself.


No comments:

Post a Comment